Subject: Spoelhof Prayer Prompter - May, 2002
Date: April 30, 2002
Thank you for your prayers.
I looked back to see what prayer items were included in the April prayer prompter...and found that I hadn't sent out the prompter!! We had had guests at the time and with all that was going on, apparently I forgot! Pray doubly for us this month!Praise God with us:
1) Our sunrise and evening services on Easter were well attended and one young man was saved.
2) April 14, seven people were baptized at our 1st baptism service. Five of those were new believers in recent months.
3) April 21, we had our 1st missionary speaker present his work at the Center. It is a goal we have to create a world vision among our people by becoming involved with missions, supporting missions through praying and finances, reaching out into our community now and sending out our own missionaries in the future. (See photos on our website)
4) April 28 was our fall Friends' Day for Alfa Center. The day was beautiful and the service, lunch and activities went smoothly. There were around seventy-five guests participating in the event. (Read April 30 journal entry on our website for more details)
Pray with us:
1) We have started a new chaplaincy ministry at a private psychiatric clinic in town. Pray that God will use His Word in the patients' hearts and lives as we minister there weekly.
2) Sunday services, discipleships, home and university Bible studies, ESL classes, drug rehabilitatiion center (three guys were saved this afternoon at the rehab center) and other weekly ministries continue on through your prayers.
3) Other outreach events taking place in May include a Mother's Day tea on May 11 and celebration of the first anniversary of the Alfa Center on May 19.
4) Stamina to keep up the pace now, and as it increases with our colleagues' six month furlough starting in June. God's strength is made perfect in our weakness!
In Christ's exciting
Bill and Sue
2000, 2001 Marcia L. Dykstra, Dutch Girl Productions
If you encounter problems when in this website, pleaes send email to [email protected]