Subject: Spoelhof Prayer Prompter - November, 2008
Date: November 1, 2008
Prayer puts us in touch with God – our greatest caregiver.
- Thank you to everyone who prayed for our family in the Home-going of Bill’s dad. Your thoughts, prayers and concern were a great help during a difficult time.
- Another one of our young people, Gabriela, accepted Christ as her Savior.
- A church planning team was started in the end of October. It is great having Brazilians working with us again, and a relief having more help in planning and leading.
November 2 is youth night with the teens responsible for the worship.
We will be having a missionary speaker that evening as well, a
Brazilian missionary to
- November 7 we’ll be locked in with the young people from 8 at night to 8 in the morning.
- November 9 is the church Friends’ Day picnic at a country house just outside of town. Pray that our people will invite their friends to know our church better and hear of the difference Christ makes in one’s life. There will be another baptism that day with a group of 9 people taking this step.
- A Thanksgiving service and dinner will be celebrated with two of the small groups we lead. This is a holiday not celebrated here, but our folks feel it is important, not for the football games, family gatherings or eating lots of food, but to thank God for His goodness.- Wisdom in working through the new church constitution and doctrinal statement.
In Christ's exciting
2000, 2001 Marcia L. Dykstra, Dutch Girl Productions
If you encounter problems when in this website, please send email to [email protected]