Subject: Spoelhof Prayer Prompter - April, 2007
Date: April 1, 2007
Thank you for your prayers.
Sorry for being out of touch and not sending requests last month. Our move from house to apartment was very tiring (things like this get harder the older we get), and without our internet service for a while, March requests were missed. So here are some requests before they get lost again with everything else going on.
1) In March, along with our small groups, we have started a women's prayer group on Tuesday evenings and a men's prayer group early Wednesday mornings, and have had a good turnout for both.
2) This past week, we had a safe trip into
for the 50th anniversary of the Baptist Seminary, and a good time at the celebration visiting with former students and old colleagues. What an encouragement seeing so many of my former students serving full-time in ministry. We were also able to renew our passports at the US Consulate while there. This was our first trip into SP in three years that was not for a hospital visit for Sue. São Paulo
1) April 8 is Easter and we will have a special sunrise service in the Botanical Gardens with our ABWE sister church in town.
2) April 14 we will be hosting a combined youth meeting at our church.
3) Sue continues teaching Bible-based ESL (English as a Second Language) classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays with eleven students (and more requesting classes all the time).
4) Our church building project continues on. We have about a third of the funds we need to consider buying. This is difficult as we'd like to see it happen much quicker, but know God's timing is perfect and His has the funds for us.
5) Our daughter Natali is beginning treatments for
Graves’s disease (caused by hyper-thyroid) in the coming weeks, and she fell down a flight of stairs at her home on Saturday (March 17th) and sprained her ankle.
6) Continue to pray for my sister Jewl Ann. She was hospitalized twice in February and March, and her doctors are trying a new chemo to slow the cancer.
Thank you for praying with us.
Bill and Sue
2000, 2001 Marcia L. Dykstra, Dutch Girl Productions
If you encounter problems when in this website, please send email to [email protected]