BackSubject: Spoelhof Prayer PrompterThere's so much to share now that we're down to two weeks before departure. Thank you for praying, and please continue to do so. We've received several notes from people who are praying daily for us, and that's a real encouragement. We have farewells in different churches these next two Sundays, and will soon be on our way.
Date: September 1, 2000
"Men always ought to pray and not lose heart" Luke 18:1PRAISE GOD WITH US:Thank you for your prayers,
1) WE HAVE FULL SUPPORT!! ON AUGUST 19, THE LAST OF OUR NEEDED SUPPORT CAME IN!! PRAISE GOD WITH US. HE IS SO FAITHFUL.
2) We have purchased a car in Brazil. It will be waiting for us when we arrive. Also, pray that we sell our car here soon.
3) We have official clearance from the mission, and will be returning to Brazil on September 14/15.
BELIEVING GOD WILL ANSWER, PLEASE PRAY WITH US:
1) The container arrived in Brazil on July 31. It has been held up in customs, allegedly because there are two family names on the shipping lists (neither of the names being ours). Pray that it will be released very soon.
2) We are still needing $4000 in Outfit and Passage (used for travel, purchasing, and moving). If you would like to give a tax deductible gift toward our O&P, it can be sent to:
Wm.Spoelhof account at
ABWE Finance Dept
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8585
3) As travel time approaches, pray that God would prepare each step of the way and give the grace when needed as we say goodbyes to family and friends, make the trip, go through customs back in Brazil, and travel to Bauru
4) Continuing requests: sale of our house and a dean for the seminary in Sao Paulo, and our colleagues the Brandas, Blazers and Smallmans.
Bill and Sue
Continue to check out for the website for new items, and hopefully new pictures and journal entries when we arrive.
2000, 2001 Marcia L. Dykstra, Dutch Girl Productions
If you encounter problems when in this website, pleaes send email to email@example.com