Subject: Spoelhof Prayer Prompter - March 2001
Date: March 1, 2001
The prayer power has never been tried to its full capacity...If we want to see mighty wonders of divine power and grace wrought in the place of weakness, failure and disappointment, let us answer God's standing challenge, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not''. J. Hudson Taylor
Praise God with us:Remember that God has promised to answer.
1. Home Bible study and the university studies have started again. We have had up to sixteen in the home study, and if that continues we will begin our second home study in the next few weeks. The university studies started with four guys on the first night, but was up to ten last week. The first weekend activity and study for university will be on March 10. Pray that those involved would remain faithful, and that God would work in the lives of all who participate.
2. Bill had a safe trip to the leadership consultation at ABWE headquarters in Harrisburg. It was well presented and he gained several new ideas that we hope to incorporate into this new ministry in Bauru.
3. Last month we had asked prayer for MKs Adam and Ryan Smallman. They are making a good adjustment to Brazilian school and picking up the language. The Smallman's container has not been released from customs yet.
Pray with us:
1. Pray that God would make clear His direction as we look for a place to rent as activity center/church facility this month. We plan to be moving in and using it in April.
2. Sue's ESL classes begin next Monday (3/5). Program is pretty well set, but she's apprehensive as far as how it will go. (That's a normal response with anything new.) Pray for her and Jennifer (a short-termer who is helping with teaching), that things would go smoothly as the program begins, that it will be a useful tool in making new contacts for our church work, and God would work through it in the lives of the students.
3. Continue to pray for the sale of our house in São Paulo. Pray that the family interested will be able to get the down-payment soon and we can make the transfer.
In Christ's exciting
Bill and Sue
2000, 2001 Marcia L. Dykstra, Dutch Girl Productions
If you encounter problems when in this website, pleaes send email to email@example.com